Thursday, October 28, 2010

Fall Fun 2010: Part 1

My favorite season is here! I love fall! A while back I did a little series of posts about all of the summer fun we were having. Well the fun has managed to carry over into fall. Maybe I love fall so much because it tends to be kind of a crafty time of year. Lots of "projects" and adventures. We've been busy exploring the ever-changing outdoors and exciting elements of autumn. The boys have been pumpkin crazy ever since we went to the grocery store at the beginning of October and saw the massive display they were setting up out front. We've brought home the cheapy "pie" pumpkins on more than one occassion so I decided that I'd let the boys create their very own masterpieces and paint the pumpkins. Eventually I think they'll get the point that you're supposed to paint a face on the pumpkin, but for now, they were just thrilled to get to go hog wild and do as they pleased.

 Oh, the excitement!
And in true Rudy fashion, he had to taste-test the paint. Goof ball.

 Don't disturb the little Picasso!
Rudy had to be immediately transported to the sink. This picture is after his scrubbin' but lets just say that more paint ended up on his body than his pumpkin. And he was quite obviously pleased.

No comments: