Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sleeping Rudy (and Kolbe too!)


Please forgive my cheesy-ness in the post title. I couldn't help myself. Heck, I could have just called it Sleeping Beauties all together, since they are two of the most beautiful creatures I've ever laid my eyes on.


And for some reason, they often seem at their most beautiful while sleeping. Maybe it's their innocence. The pureness of their little faces. The sweetness of their little sighs.

And quite possibly it's because they're actually holding still--something that rarely happens during the active waking part of the day. Holding still. Giving me time to appreciate a favorite toy to sleep with. A blankie that makes the perfect sleeping companion. Their little toes. Their tiny fingers. The things that change so quickly and seem to be different every time I get a chance to really look.

But then every now and then, it's just the sweetness of the situation. Like an evening when Mark had gone to bed early and I opted for an evening shower. And opened my bedroom door to find this:

Or sneaking into their room at nap time to find Rudy sleeping like this:

Sights that melt my heart.
That I may never get to see again.
That I want to hold on to forever.

No comments: