Thursday, February 2, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episode 5

1. Things are changing again at the Asmussen Household. Again, you ask? Yes, again. No, I'm not pregnant. No, we're not moving. But a too-good-to-pass-up opportunity has presented itself to Mark. Another group of doctors have made him an offer that he can't refuse and so he's made the decision to jump ship and hop aboard a different vessel. While you've read my laments on here many times concerning his call schedule or noted my sarcasm over his job from time to time, the truth is I haven't been brutally honest about everything on here simply because I know it's not exactly good form, if you know what I mean. While this is my journal of motherhood, there are just some things that I do have to keep away from the world wide web! Anyhow, while we've known for a while that this gig in neurosurgery wasn't going to be his "forever job," we were surprised for something like this to fall in to his lap. Of course, we aren't foolish to think that the new job is going to be perfect; it just certainly seems to offer solutions to many of the major issues we're having. The biggest being that he won't be carrying a pager any more. Oh, and they're going to pay for our entire family's medical premiums. For those of you who know what we're dealing with now, you know that's huge! I'll keep you updated with the details as they progress, but for now, please just pray for the transitions we will be going through in the months to come. I'm so proud of my husband. I've always known he was awesome. Apparently the working world is starting to figure it out too. ;)

2. Do any of you have a love-hate relationship with the internet? I do. Bad. It's something that's been eating away at me a lot lately. I feel like I'm being convicted of it for some reason and with Lent right around the corner, I have a feeling I might just have to do something about it. What keeps coming to mind is just the attraction/addiction to it that I...heck, our whole generation has. Like I said, love-hate. Love it because it gives me so many opportunities that someone like my mother who stayed at home with her children, too, did not have. Love it because it gives me a chance to stay in touch with so many people. Love it because I can connect with other people in the same place in life as me. But hate it because I'm drawn to it constantly. Hate it because at times I'd rather peruse the most recent facebook updates than read a book with my boys. Hate it because it constantly has me aware of what others are doing and getting instead of focusing on my own world and all the wonderful blessings I have. Does this make sense? I'm not a big computer person. It's not like I sit here with the laptop out all day long. But I'd be lying if I said that my smart phone's battery wasn't near dead every single night. And it's a brand new phone. I catch myself using it constantly. And not to call someone! Anyway, just spilling a little bit of what's been eating at me lately. Like I said, I know it's a good thing and helps me quite a bit as a stay-at-home mother who is often confined to my tiny little world, but at the same time, I'm thinking there might be room for some adjustments.

3. Time for some randomness:
- Something super cool is going on this weekend here at our house. Can't tell now, but I'll have all the details next week.
- We've finally gotten some fairly regular rain around here lately. Everything is as green as April. Which, in the case of our yard, means the weed factory is at full speed production.
- Grant is officially a crawling machine. He's all over the place.
- Reagan was never much for the terrible twos. He's always been my sweet little guy. But something about turning three next week has "inspired" him. Yikes.
- I'm tired of doing laundry. It never ends. Just sayin'.
- Oh, and, don't even get me started on our new refrigerator. We're having issues. I dare not write just yet for fear that the slight mention might make it worse. But I have a feeling I'll have a good story for you next week.


We've had some beautiful weather here lately so we decided that it was time to take this guy to the park for his first official swing ride. He loved it! (though he did kick his legs the majority of the time, trying to jump. He's destined for the trampoline act in the circus!)

I'm a sucker for those blue eyes!

Fearless Kolbe! (as long as it's on the enclosed baby swing and not the big boy swing!)

Rudy "hanging" out with Pa! He's the hanging champ in the family.

My poor little Grant knows no other life than this. And doesn't seem to care. What?... Your games of Memory don't turn in to full blown wrestle mania at the end!?!

Remember that little fella I told you about last week? Here he is! Our newest nephew, William Mark. He's still in the NICU right now, though he's off the ventilator...heck, off of oxygen all together! (this is an older picture from earlier in the week) Thanks so much for your prayers!

The boys and I made a St. Valentine's Day wreath a few days ago with a pipe insulation tube, a bunch of old ribbon I had from way back when I was teaching, and some felt.  I think they're now officially obsessed with my glue gun.

1 comment:

Casey said...

I haven't really noticed it before, but picture #2 of Grant looks just like Pa! What a cutie!