Thursday, February 16, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episode 7

1. My little Reagan Mark turned three this week. Three. I'm making a conscious effort to not believe it. Though he quickly reminds me that he's not two, he's "free." We celebrated on Friday by going for birthday donuts, making his race car cake, making homemade pizzas, and then opening presents with our little family and my mom. As always, he got way more goodies than any little boy could ever need. And we've had a fun-filled week playing with them all. Rudy is such a unique little guy. He's still the little tenderheart we've always loved, but he's definitely started developing his own sense of independence and attitude. Though he copies nearly everything his big brother does, he's, at the same time, so very different than Kolbe. He's definitely my most creative little guy, loves all things salty as opposed to sweets, and can be found in bed at night with no fewer than ten random items to keep him company. Last night it was multiple hot wheels, a tube of toothpaste, a remote, a play telephone, and three shoes. No matter how early or late he goes to bed, he's always up between 5:45 and 6:15am every. single. day. He has a minor obsession with attempting to get my iphone. He's still a mama's boy to the max and though he appears to be totally void of any baby-like physical features any more, he's still got the best little baby booty ever! One of my greatest privleges in life is being his mother.

2. The inevitable finally caught up with me this week. And by "the inevitable," I'm referring to the cold that everyone in my family and extended family has passed around for months. All of those pregnancy and nursing mama antibodies usually do me really well, but I guess there's only so much I can expect. Considering I haven't been sick in over a year and a half, I'll profess my thankfulness and admit that it could be way worse. I've been sick for several days, but in a very odd way. No runny nose, no headache, no watery eyes, no fever. It's all in my throat. I'll refrain from discussing horrible words like 'mucus' or 'phlegm,' and just say that they're definitely involved. The most difficult part? I haven't had a voice in three days. Makes parenting pretty difficult! And has ironically given me a good perspective of what the boys must feel like when they're trying to tell me something and I have no idea what they're saying. I've had to attempt more creative ways of communicating. They've seen more than a few raised eyebrows! And one of our favorite activities--reading books--has been completely abandoned. I can't even make it through the first few pages! The whole experience has made me very appreciative of the voice I have, and I'll gladly take it back any day now, thank you very much. I don't think I can put myself through another torturous car ride like yesterday's when "My Cherie Amour" came on the radio and I was rendered incapable of singing along with Stevie Wonder. I nearly had to change the channel in defeat. Must. recover. NOW!

3. We had a fun little Valentine's Day with the boys. Kolbe was really in to it this year and even appologized for not getting me a Valentine. I guess next year Dada will have to take them out in advance. (wink, wink) That morning we up to the church to get Kolbe signed up for their Little Saints program that starts in the fall. He's never done anything like it before and even though it's still a good six months away, I think he's a little apprehensive. On the way there I told him we were headed to the church to sign up for Little Saints. He responded with: "Mom, I don't think I want to go. I'm pretty sure I don't want to be a priest any more." Ha! I was hysterical. I guess he automatically assumed that any type of church activity must be training to work at the church...which would mean becoming a priest! Funny little fella. I told him that was fine and that if he didn't want to be a priest he didn't have to but that if he changed his mind some day and decided he did want to be one, Mama and Dada would be just fine with that, too. Can't you just see a tiny little Fr. Kolbe!?! He'd definitely be a character, that's for sure!

munching down on some of brother's banana. He finally had his first tooth break through on Monday! Almost 8 months old.

future hall of famers! Mark loves to take the boys to Academy to look at all the cool sports gear.

Here's my birthday boy! He was thrilled to see the all of the hanging "boons" when he came down the stairs on his birthday morning. (I had to lower them so they could run through them....I guess they're shorter than I imagine at 11:00pm)

Sir Rudus, the bubble slayer.

My, that was a good nap!

I love pickles!!! (or at least the juice and the soft, fleshy part...)

Ok, I know the pics of Grant to pics of everyone else ratio is a little out of control...but man, watching a baby experience all things new is just too hard to resist! In this case, he's still terribly fond of that baby in the mirror.

No comments: