Wednesday, September 22, 2010

September 11th

Per family tradition, we made our annual trip to a nearby park to visit the September 11th Memorial flag display. You might  remember my post about it last year. Though it seems like not that long ago, it's amazing how much changes is just one year. Though I'm sure for the families of the victims of September 11th, it never really gets better. My heart still aches for them.

One year ago, the boys looked like this:



And here they are this year!




And if memory serves me right, it was at our trip to see the flags last year that Abby and Andy joined us and brought the good news that they were expecting their first baby! Just one year ago on this day, I think she was about five weeks pregnant. And here's this year:




Life does go on. And new life begins!