Monday, September 20, 2010

Fifth and Final Stop: Houston, TX

So to end our travel extravaganza, the whole fam took off (literally...we flew this time) to Houston to visit my parents. Our goal was to do absolutely nothing. Just chill before Mark had to start his new job. We knew it would be at least Christmas before we'd be able to do this again, so why not!?! Needless to say, we achieved our goal. We had a fun, relaxing time doing our usual Woodlands activities of going to the park, the mall, the carousel, the splash pad, and swimming. And while we were there we celebrated Mark's birthday. Oh, and Mark and I got to go on a date. We went to a restaurant called Brio and I ate the most amazing steak I've ever had in my life. It was life changing. At least in a dietary sense. No steak will ever compare. Sorry for the random tangent; now on to the pictures!

Splash Pad! Yes, in clothes. We were at the bookstore, but it was raining so they were wet anyway. Why not let them enjoy it even more?

I know this pic is fuzzy (it's from my dad's camera) but it's one of the few we have from the park. And it's adorable.

Rudy and Pa in a paci war. Kolbe has a blanket; Rudy has a paci. It's his attachment item and I hate it! We've gotten him down to the point where he only gets it when he's sleeping, but when he gets hurt we usually have to cave and let him have it for a minute or two. Case in point, he got hurt at the mall playground and cried and cried until I busted it out of my purse. Pa teased him with it but we all know who won.
Grr.


At least Kolbe had a good time playing!



And everyone loved the carousel.




Swimming at Miss Karen's was much better than last time. Why? Because no one was sick and Dada and Pa were able to come swim too!

We went to on of Mark's favorite restaurants, Los Cucos, on the night of his birthday. It's right beside a grocery store and the boys just had to check out the cool shopping carts.



Afterward, we had chocolate cupcakes and sang Happy Birthday back at my parents' house. Take a guess at who the biggest fan of the cupcakes was!

No comments: