Thursday, April 12, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episode 15

1. Last week I was eagerly anticipating our trip to Dallas for Easter, and let's just say that it did not disappoint. We had a fantastic time! I was worried that with it only being a roughly 48 hour trip, we would feel rushed and exhausted and over-worked, but somehow it really just flowed well and we enjoyed every minute. Of course everyone was thrilled to see the boys, and especially getting to know the little Grant that has emerged in the three months since we saw them last. He was all over the place, as usual, and managed to leave unharmed by the hazard known as himself. Well, at least we think...he did consume a few pieces of dog food from what I hear. And the other two boys were just soaking up all of the attention. They crashed very quickly on the way home! To say that Cristi went over and beyond in planning and executing the whole weekend would be a huge understatement. The food was perfectly planned out for each meal and was oh, so yummy. Not to mention all of the little hand-made Easter decorations and goodies spread across their new house. All of her effort made us feel so special! Heck, wonder if they'd let me come back for my birthday!?! (wink, wink) It was a fantastic weekend and we can't wait to see them all again this summer.

2. With the celebration of Easter this past weekend, my Lenten Facebook fast came to an end. I have to admit, it was one of the harder things I've ever "given up." And I'm pretty sure that's the way it's supposed to be. As a stay-at-home mom, this house is my world. Sure, I venture beyond these walls to go to the store, the park, church, etc, but let's face it: on any given day, I talk to roughly two-three adults on average. But social media, like Facebook, somehow gives me the effect of being in touch with other people. Like I'm a part of their world within my own little world. The whole "living vicariously" thing. So to draw an abrupt halt to Facebook was definitely challenging in the beginning. But it comes as no surprise that I'm really glad I did it. And going cold-turkey kind of helped me re-evaluate how much I should be using Facebook outside of Lent. Really, I don't need to know what's going on with everyone on an hour-to-hour basis. So I've decided to just go with once in the morning and once in the afternoon. No more hoping on my app on the couch while the boys play with puzzles. Beyond the fact that I need to be down there with them, there's only a ga-jillion other things that need doing around the house far more than reading everyone else's status! Can I get an Amen!?!

3. If you've seen my little Reagan lately he's more than likely had some form of a box in his hand. Rudy has always been somewhat of a habitual little fella. He likes things a certain way, becomes territorial over certain items, and in particular, loves "little" items. You know...the things that typically fall to the bottom of the toy box. The ones most people throw away. Happy Meal-style toys. He loves them. He calls them his "treasures." Months ago, he would typically carry one or two with him throughout the day. Then Dada gave him a tackle box for his birthday in February. And that became his first treasure box. He quickly upgraded from one or two items to a whole little box full. Then, after our little money counting/ bank visit day, he purchased a long-desired metal Cars lunch box. Stylish treasure box. And he got new shoes for Easter, so of course, the shoe box became the easy flip top treasure box. He never carries more than one box, but always has one. It's become his little thing. He even sleeps with it in his bed. And gets his feelings hurt when I won't let him take it inside of a store. On any given day, other than the random mini superman/spiderman/batman/super hero toy, you might also find a fishing worm, plastic ring, small notebook referred to as his "checkbook," gum, rubber bands, quarters, and at least two to three hot wheels. My little Rudy...he's definitely his own little person.

The treasure box hanging out at the park

I'll try to control myself and not post too many Easter pics so I can save them for my Easter blog post, but I had to throw in a few. Here we all are dying our Easter eggs!

My handsome big boys, ready for Easter mass

managed to get all three in a picture before they destroyed their outfits!

G-ma loved getting to cuddle her little Grantness

It's impossible to escape this guy. He's so quick now, that I can rarely sneak off. He follows me into the bathroom to get dressed each morning and usually ends up plopped in the sink so I can get ready without holding him on my hip or having him hang on my leg. He loves it.

My little Rudy Boy

Kolbe the climber!...He has become such a dare devil at the playground!

My sweet baby. Doesn't that face make you want to love life a little more?

These two love each other! Kolbe is so good with Grant and Grant just adores Kolbe.

No comments: