Friday, April 13, 2012

Bluebonnets

I'm working on a blog post to cover our Easter trip to Dallas, but I decided that these pictures, while taken on the first day of our trip, deserved their own post. I've always wanted pictures of my babies in the bluebonnets, and though they were blooming when we moved down here last spring, we never got around to making it happen. This spring, with my blue-eyed nine-month-old, I decided it just had to happen. So at a potty break on our trip up to Dallas, we pulled in to a gas station attached to a gorgeous field of bluebonnets. I'm beyond glad that we did and love these pictures of my beautiful babies.


My exuberant, joyful little man. Oh, how I love this baby!

I wish we could have gotten them in direct light so they wouldn't have as many shadows on their faces, but they weren't quite so cooperative...it was close to sunset and the sun was right at eye level. Still, they're mighty beautiful, if I must say.

See? In the direct sun they just squinted or looked away...
My favorite pic from the shoot. My little bluebonnet baby...mixed in there with a few weeds!

No comments: