Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Summer Fun 2010: Part 2

I’ve seen or heard about the whole play-with-shaving-cream idea many times from other mom friends or on blogs I stalk, but had never given it a try with the boys. Kolbe usually won’t let Mark go anywhere near him when he’s got his “white beard” on in the mornings, so I worried that it wouldn’t go over well. Still, summer is a time to be outdoors and get messy so I coughed up a dollar for a can of Barbisol and let the boys go to town. At first they were slightly skeptical and didn’t want to try it until I started rubbing my hands in it. But once they gave it a go, it provided over an hour of ultimate fun. Originally I filled up a small tub of water for them to rinse their hands in, but Kolbe emptied out the huge tub that we store all the outside balls in and asked me to fill it up with water too. So it ended up becoming both fun with shaving cream and a mini-swim session. They were adorable and had a blast! And at just a dollar a can, I’m sure this in a summer activity we’ll be enjoying many more times in the years to come.






No comments: