Thursday, August 26, 2010

Mark is DONE!!!

First of all, I'm really behind on posting all the happenings of the Asmussen Family on here. I've literally had no time to sit down and do it. And considering my parents will be here in a few short hours to visit for my cousin's wedding, I probably should be finishing my cleaning instead of working on the blog. But I need a break, so here I sit....

Mark officially finished Physician Assistant school a few weeks ago on August 6th. We have one of those could-it-really-be? type of feelings. Mark has been a student for our entire relationship...dating included! But he's finally done! And we couldn't be prouder of him. He has accepted a job here in Lubbock working with a well-respected neurosurgeon and another P.A. that is one of the most magnificent people Mark has ever come across in the health care field. If it was me, there'd be no way I'd be cutting in to someone's brain or back...or even watching it! eek!...but he seems to like it and be very excited about starting his career on September 13th. He takes his board exams a week from today on September2nd so all prayers will be greatly appreciated!!!

Here are a few pics from his white coat ceremony which was sort of a final hurrah for his class. Again, I can't say it enough, we are SO proud of him!!!


Sorry, it's blurry. It was the best I could do!
Mark's whole class reciting their oath.
After the ceremony...yes, I got to attend this one alone.
And, of course, I made him pose for some cheesy pictures back at the P.A. School. Doesn't he look handsome!?! If you're ever in Midland, you have to go check out the P.A. School Tech has set up there. It puts every thing in Lubbock to shame. Not kidding.

No comments: