Thursday, June 9, 2011

Welcome to The Asmussens!

Enough of you have asked for it, so here it is! A little informal tour of our new house. Please keep in mind that we just moved into this house three weeks ago. And I'm due to have a baby any day now. So in other words, it's far from complete! There are "somedays" and "maybe we coulds" and "hopefully one day we'lls" in just about every room. But with that being said, we LOVE our new house!

Most of the front. (yes, there's another garage door to the right) It sure is nice having landscaping!
And we actually have a porch! Where hopefully one day a couple of cute white rocking chairs will sit. Can't you see it!?!
To the left when you enter is our formal dining room. Far from formal, I tell ya. I attempted to give this set of table and chairs away several times while back in Lubbock. No takers. Which now is a good thing or we'd have nothing to fill this room!
It has a pass through into the kitchen.
Here's one side of the kitchen. The side with the cool windows on the backsplash. I love the corian countertops and can I just say that I'm in love with having a gas range/oven!?! WAY better than electric!
I didn't get a good picture of the other side of the kitchen, but it's just as cool. This, however, is a shot from the kitchen sink looking into the family room. See the massively large wall? It goes all the way up two stories. Have no idea what to do with it. Really, one thing that would help a ton is a coat of paint for the entire entry way and family room. A little something to warm it up a bit and take away the starkness of big, huge, wide open walls. But that would be the kind of paint job that would require us to hire painters. Or invest in some sort of scaffolding!
Looking back at the kitchen/eating area. Windows galore!
And back at the sink looking at the back half of the family room.  That passway in the middle leads to a half bath and the master bedroom. The one you can barely see on the far right leads back to the front door.
Not much to show for our poor master bedroom right now. One of these days we'll have gorgeous master bedroom furniture to match the beautiful room and bright windows. And it will get a good coat of paint too. Someday.
I think Mark's favorite room just might be the master bath. Pictures don't do it justice, but compared to our old master bath, it's magnificent!


And there's my new jacuzzi tub!

Ah. The boys room. All the potential in the world. And really, the previous owners did a precious paint job, it just doesn't match the bedding we have for the boys at all. I'm hoping maybe we can paint the top and bottom portions and keep the tiled border. And I suppose a valance might help too. Regardless of how much I cringe when I look in there, the boys think it's the coolest room ever.

This will eventually be Baby Grant's room. (He'll stay downstairs with us for a while.) Until then, there's an extra bed for anyone that wants to come stay! And sadly, the one room that no one uses right now is the one room I've actually done some sewing for. I made a little valance out of some fabric I bought to make curtains for our guest room back in Lubbock before we found out we were going to be moving. With the room already painted a cornflower blue, I thought the yellow and cream would work well for now.
The guest room...don't you wanna come stay with us!?! Please!?!

I was really worried about the paint color in here too since I knew the bedding we had for our guest room was red/gold. But I've tried to add a few things in there to make it complementary. At least for now.

The play room/office is kind of hard to capture. It's big! With nice big windows.

Lots of room to use the computer, hang out, play with toys...
Oh, and it has my awesome sewing area attached to the side where I run my little business from. My favorite part of the house, of course!
This is at the top of the stairs looking over toward the play room
And also at the top of the stairs looking over the ledge down into the family room. Didn't want you to miss out on the massive empty wall again!

I forgot to get a pic of the half bath, the laundry room, the massive room-sized closet up by the play room, and the backyard, but there you have it! A little tour of our new home! Hope you like it...and hope you'll come see it in person...soon!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nice Laura!! Thanks for sharing with us. We love ya'lls new house. It is really, really beautiful. Cannot wait to see it in person AND to see baby Grant. Lots of Love! The Pierces

The Hefferly Family said...

Laura! LOVE IT! You've done such a great job with the home -- and all while in your last trimester! Way to go! We can't wait to come visit! Miss y'all dearly!

Love,
Abby and the Boys :)