Sunday, April 28, 2013

TTT: Season 3, Episode 17

I always feel silly titling my post with "TTT" when it's not Thursday. It's Sunday. And only for an hour more, at that. And this week, it feel like I just have lots of little tidbits. So let's go with Six Sunday Shorts for a change.

- Recovery from my surgery was way easier than expected. I had the gallbladder removed on a Thursday and wasn't even taking Motrin by the following Wednesday. If one of the kiddos accidentally bumps one of my "boo-boos," it still hurts a bit, but otherwise, nothing. And the scars look great! Not that anyone is going to be seeing my belly any time soon. ;)

- My etsy shop is out of control. I need an employee. For real. Can someone who knows how to sew and happens to have five or six free hours per week just fall out of the sky and land on my porch? Ok, I'll take three or four. Just anything, at this point! When I try to slow it down by not taking orders, I'm swamped with emails asking when the shop will be taking orders again. Let me just say, my shop IS a huge blessing for us. And I LOVE doing it. LOVE it. I've just reached another "time to restructure" point.

- My mom told me that she thinks I'm too hard on myself. Instead of thinking "No, not me," for the first time ever I thought "Ya think!?!" Hi, my name is Laura and I'm a Type A Perfectionist Over-Achiever and somehow in my mind, though it all has to be perfect, I find a way to believe that I'm failing at everything. Just keeping it crazy and irrational, people!

- We are coming up on the two year anniversary of moving in to our house. In some aspects, it still feels like we're not completely moved in. Or that it's not totally ours. I don't see how military families do it...moving every two or so years. Does any place ever feel like home!?! Back on track. Other aspects of our house are definitely feeling their two-years-worth of being lived in. Like the filthy baseboards that haven't be cleaned. In two years. Or the blinds that get dusted with the feather thingy but never really dusted. I feel a major spring cleaning coming on.

- Another part of our house that has really been struggling is the walls. When you have three little boys, they're destined for dirty, dingy, marked-up grossness. After my pricey surgery, doing a full coat of fresh paint like I've been wanting has gone on the back burner. But I did managed to find an old can of the existing wall paint and tackled all the marks I could find. Still not a good wall color, but hey, at least there are no more marks all over the place!

- Kolbe had a "fun run" fundraiser at his school this week and it was the cutest thing ever. While it wasn't set up to be an actual race, Kolbe treated it as if it was the Olympic finals. Oh, is he ever his mother's son. And his father's too! Gotta keep it intense, kiddo. I was proud of him for running so hard and not giving up when all of the other kiddies got tired and stopped running. He's a little speedster!

Cutest little pre-school class ever!
On your mark, get set...
Kolbe killin' it.
Post race cool down...guess who wishes he was in big brother's class??? 
Pa getting Rudy to run laps by dangling his race car as a carrot.
And Puggy up to his usual shenanigans.
I mean, look at the face. Can't you just hear the thoughts in that little head!?!
Time for movie night!
Pinkie bought the boys Wreck It, Ralph for helping out Mama after her surgery. So we had a fun family movie night! (no, Grant didn't last more than two minutes.)
Next weekend is our last soccer game! Kolbe had a stellar week, as usual.
Grant pretended to be a movie star and flirted with Pinkie.
And took flying lessons from Pa!
Cutest little soccer face ever!
Good game, good game, good game...
Kolbe managed to figure this one out. I was changing Grant's diaper and heard, "Hey Mom, look at this." WHAAAAAAAT!?!?!
A cute moment of these two playing peacefully. It seems like it's been rare lately!

No comments: