Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Rise and Shine and Give God the Glory!

I just realized that my past two posts were titled with song titles or lyrics so I figured I wouldn't break the streak with this one either!

A few weeks ago my mom and her siblings had the arduous task of going through my grandfather's house and distributing all of his belongings. Mark and I were blessed to recieve a very special concrete statue that used to be in his gorgeous backyard and meant a lot to him. For those of you Catholics out there that know what I'm talking about, it is a Sacred Heart of Jesus statue. Now granted, this statue has been through many years in the Gaschen backyard and is certainly not in perfect shape, but it is meaningful and special none the less. Since our backyard is miles from Popo's in beauty, we placed the statue on the back porch until I have time to get an appropriate place set up for it.

Every morning after breakfast, I let Kolbe go out in the backyard and say hello to his friends (the birds and the neighbor's dog). Low and behold, it seems that he has taken up a more important friend: the Jesus statue. He typically goes over and "talks" to him or sings one of his little jibberish songs and touches the nail marks in his hands that Pinkie showed him or gives him a hug. While I know that he's only 19 months old and can't fully fathom the idea of Jesus or God, it is so beautiful to see him trying to communicate with him already! It's almost as if he "knows". I sometimes find myself wondering what he's saying to him...and if God might be talking back inside his head. So happy to see that our little guy already loves his Creator! And can't help but hope that my Popo up in heaven might be looking down and happy with the new home and company that his statue now has. So beautiful in its own innocent little way.

No comments: