Tuesday, January 28, 2014

January 2014

It's a busy year thus far, this 2014. And by busy, I'm not referring to the errand-running, practice-attending, meeting-scheduling variety. It's been more of the fun-having, rowdy-rumbling, non-stop-shenanigans type, and for that, I can't complain. Lots of fun has been had with our boys. The kind that leads me to know that we have such a blessed, beautiful life. With the advent of soccer season upon us, a trip for just Mom and Dad next weekend, a major order for my shop that I'll be working throughout the spring months, and several other big things on the horizon, it's been fun just to enjoy a fun month of "nothing."
A large majority of our energy burning has revolved around the new trampoline. And trust me, Dada makes the best trampoline boss ever. 
Poor Grant…he gets so frustrated that he falls down all the time!
And as I expected would happen, the boys have already started learning tricks.
Even Grant has a mean forward roll. (and as an aside, I've been very proud at the boys for learning "the rules" for the trampoline and following them very well…thus far. )
And where do they get their crazy ideas from??? (I won't lie…I do flips for them all the time too. But Dada's are better.)
Rudy always gets a mean case of static-head.
Ragamuffins.
Grant was having a hard time avoiding the monster so he got to ride on his shoulders. 
It was a mix between sheer joy and sheer fear. (I should probably implement helmet use on the trampoline as well as everything else I make them wear them for.)
The faces I wake to every morning. Be jealous, people. Be very jealous.
One of my favorite recent pics. Taken by Grant of all people! I was sneaking a few extra minutes of sleep and cuddling with Rudy and Grant snuck my phone from the charger beside my bed. There's nothing in the world quite like cuddling with Rudy.
We've enjoyed many days of beautiful weather…nice enough to each lunch out back!
We took a little trip over to Brenham for our nephew Will's second birthday. Is he not just the  most adorable little ball of cuteness ever!?!
A friend that works at the hospital with Mark hosted a bonfire at his home. We took the boys and they had SO much fun. I think they're now officially pyromaniacs and completely fascinated with taxidermy. 
Over the past week we've had two snow days separated by a couple of days that have reached nearly 70. And no snow. That being said, on both snow days we have had enough ice to make the trampoline way cooler than normal.
What kiddo doesn't love bouncing ice chips!?!
And I'll end with a sunny day at the park with my little guy. Though he's not always this happy, this is how I hope to remember "two" some day.

No comments: