Thursday, December 20, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episode 51

1. The countdown is on, people! It's Christmas-mania around here and we're loving it. If I remember correctly, last year, the boys seemed to be in to shenanigans of one kind or another every second of the day by the five-days-until-Christmas point. This year has been much better. Our little project to learn the fruits of the spirit and refrain from extra indulgences has been fairly successful. My two big boys can name all nine fruits (with a little help), including one you may have never heard of: "joyness." It's my favorite fruit around this time of the year, as the boys are definitely full of it! They are oh, so in to every aspect of the season and can't wait for Christmas morning. Neither can I! And I'm so excited for family to arrive too. The first guests will be here on Saturday (Abby and Andy and Dave...staying at my parents) and then Mike and Casey and Pat will arrive on Monday. We will be hosting Mike's family at our house and can't wait for them to arrive. There's all kinds of fun planned over the next few weeks. We are so blessed to have family to share this season with!

2. Kolbe's play on Tuesday was just precious. Of course, four and five-year-olds doing a nativity play is nothing more than organized chaos, but adorable nonetheless. And yes, I totally turned in to a stage mom in the audience, making silly faces at Kolbe in hopes of forcing a smile and singing along to the songs with him in hopes that he'd sing a little louder. He was certainly audible at several points and just as cute as can be. He made an adorable wise man!





3. Save a few blankets that I have to assemble tomorrow, I'm finally done with all of my pre-Christmas orders and even all of the handmade gifts I plan to give. Yay! At points this week I was definitely at my breaking point, mostly because I knew I had taken on more than I should have, but alas, just as always, everything is finished in time. And heck, I've even got all of the presents wrapped to boot! Now if only the groceries would go buy themselves, the goodies would bake themselves, and the house would clean itself....

Merry Christmas to you all! I hope your weekend and Christmas Eve and Christmas Day are warm, joyful, merry and full of the love of Christ as we celebrate Love coming in to our world!


My little train conductor.
Three brothers watching Frosty together...well actually, two...Grant lasted roughly twelve seconds before scampering off. He'll only stop to look at the TV if there's some form of music playing. 
Mark and I got to go to his group's Christmas party on Sunday night. His nickname at work is "Moose"...there's already another Mark in the group. The doc who was hosting the party had this moose on the wall so Mark had to have his picture taken with it.
Lots of orders ready to be packaged and shipped.
And local ones ready to be delivered!
Two brothers playing hide-and-go-seek. The best of friends.
Sir Grant wants to show his support of the Red Raider's new coach, Kliff Kingsbury!
Every year my Grandma Hefferly sends us a box of goodies before Christmas. Bless her little heart, I fear it costs her more to ship it than to actually buy the items, but I always look SO forward to receiving it. It's so sweet and completely from the kindness of her heart.  
Turning in to a big boy...baseball hat, red truck, big gulp and all!
The ever clever Kolbe. 

No comments: