Friday, August 17, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episode 33

1. Ok, peeps, I'm going to try to make this short and sweet. I'm having a flare up in my wrist from my lupus so typing makes it hurt and probably makes it worse. It's horrible at night which is why I'm posting this morning instead. Grrr.
Anyway, it's been a good week around these parts, minus the flare up, and we had a fun family weekend. Haircuts for the boys...including Grant's very first one!...our first trip to the roller rink, and our at-home kiddie Olympics added to all of the excitement. I love when Mark is not on call and we can actually make plans and do fun things with the boys. Even though he is on call this weekend, we should still have fun...it's our sixth anniversary!

2. One major thing that we worked on this week was transitioning Grant to just one nap. I know it probably seems kind of early, but I have my reasons! First of all, during his morning nap lately, he goes in there happily (he has never complained about being put down for any kind of sleep) but I can hear him in there just rolling around. Sometimes by the time I go in, it's as if he hasn't slept at all. And maybe he hasn't. The second reason is that Kolbe starts his little Tuesday/Thursday program in a few weeks. We are very excited that it's at the Catholic Church but kind of bummed that it ends at 2:00pm. So in order to pick him up on time, we'll need to be out of our house by 1:30pm. Grant's used to laying down for his afternoon nap right at 1:00pm so that's obviously not going to work out. We've switched it up this week and he's be stretching out from the morning nap and just going down at 11:30am. I figure I'll wake him up at 1:30pm on school days and then let him sleep longer on the five remaining days. So far, so good! He hasn't skipped a beat. I'm the one trying to get used to it!

3. I'm really looking forward to my little week off of "work" coming up! I've worked up a list of everything I'd like to accomplish, and though I know I have lofty goals, I'll definitely give it the good college try. Here's what I've come up with:
- paint trim in the boys bathroom and half bath (actually, the whole house needs to have the trim painted but that would require several weeks in and of itself. Our trim is not white. It's off-white. And to me it looks dingy. Especially in bathrooms where the cabinets are white. I didn't fully notice it until I painted the half bath and boys bath walls a light turquoisy blue. I couldn't figure out why it didn't look as clean as I wanted it to until I focused in on the trim. And in the boys bathroom it looks like the trim has been touched up with a slightly different colored flat paint too. Yuck. It's a project that will have to gradually be completed over time, but I'll start with those two little rooms.)
- make curtains for the master bedroom
- make pillows for the master bedroom and family room
- trip to Ikea
- assemble anything that needs assembling that makes it way home from Ikea
- re-organize my sewing area
- paint master bedroom
- new mantle artwork
- clean out/ re-organize the pantry
- clean the whole house
Like I said, lofty goals. And I'm sure you noticed what got placed last on the list. Ha! We'll see how it goes...surely all of this can get done in one week, right?


Grant's first haircut! It was an experience! He absolutely freaked out every time the hairdresser came near him. We alternated between the juice cup and the dumdum sucker I had in my mouth to keep him under control. The clippers were off limits. (he's terrified of noise making things...vacuums, blenders, dust busters...) So needless to say, not much got cut off, but at least he's a little more evened up.


Handsome new haircuts!
No weekend is complete without a nap with Dada
"Mom, these skates make my legs real heavy."

Kolbe was a champ at the rink! Sure he had his share of falls, but he bravely hopped back up and went for it again. Rudy had a much harder time getting the hang of it.

One event in the Asmussen Little Boy Olympics! Kolbe won the Kleenex pull, but only by a few tissues. They had so much fun with all of the crazy games we came up with.

But their favorite part was standing on their podiums, getting their medals, and singing the national anthem. Love my little American boys! And man, if either of them ever does make it to the Olympics, won't this just be the money shot! ha!

Mr. Irresistible climing the steps to the slide at the pool. I could just gobble him up!

The boys are really in to coloring right now and Grant likes to think that he can join right in. He has become a pro at climbing up into the boys' chairs and sitting there like a little future schoolboy.

1 comment:

Brian Asmussen said...

Great post this week. I love seeing all the pictures of the boys! So big and so handsome!