Thursday, June 28, 2012

TTT: Season 3, Episodes 25 AND 26

I know, I know.
I missed last week. Believe me...I heard about it from more than one source! And it still makes me blush just a little bit to know that there are people out there who knowingly go to check on our blog every Thursday without the blaring link on Facebook. You are all to kind to care for our family like you do!

Anyhow, two weeks have passed since I last wrote. Two action packed, totally chaotic, but immensely fun weeks! I did remember to write last Thursday; I just didn't do it. Because the next day I had eight orders to finish up, "closing ceremonies" for Vacation Bible School to attend, tons and tons a food to cook for arriving guest, oh, and a house to get ready, too. So I opted for sleep instead of writing. And the boys had been at VBS all week anyway, so really, I didn't have too much to talk about other everything I had accomplished with just Grant and me. And I could hear Mark singing Toby Keith's "I Wanna Talk About Me...." over and over in my head. So I just let Thursday pass on to Friday and swept the ol' blog under the rug.

But I'm back! And I've got a ton of pictures to unload on you. I think the photos will serve well to tell the stories of the past two weeks. Really, I know there are way too many, but editing anything out would just be impossible. So here we go!

Father's Day! Mark was on-call that morning but we greeted him with presents when he got back home. One of which was a Texas flag for his developing man-garage. See our mengy looking children? We remedied that later that day.

Gotta start a Father's Day race with a good three point stance. I think Rudy jumped the gun.

After eating Mexican food for lunch, we stopped by the barber shop next door and got hair cuts for the big boys. And no, we didn't leave Rudy's in a chili bowl. Had to get a picture of it though! We later had dinner at my parents and celebrated with Pa. Apparently I didn't take any pictures. :(

First day of Vacation Bible School! I was a little worried as this was the first time for the boys to do anything without Mama or another family member...ever. I know. Probably time to cut the cord a bit! The part that worried me was that our church's program ran from 8-3 every day. That's a looooong time for little guys! Especially Rudy with no nap. They were both put in the 4 year old class so Rudy could be with Kolbe and their teacher was a good friend of my mom's that I feel really comfortable with...we see her at mass weekly and she was a perfect fit for the boys. They loved it!

But Rudy looked like this every day once we got home! He still definitely needs his nap!

On Friday night, Uncle Brian, Aunt Cristi, G-ma, and Papa Jeep all arrived for our Birthday Extravaganza! Saturday morning we all woke up and went to the Rob  Fleming Aquatic Center...one of The Woodlands pools that has a full out adult size water slide, a lazy river, and a good kiddie section too. We had a blast!!!

The birthday boys getting a little swimming in!

On Saturday night, my mom came over and watched the boys so that all the adult Asmussens could go out for a nice dinner at Brio, home of my favorite meal...the gogonzola steak. Mark's dad, aka Papa Jeep, was turning sixty on Sunday and I was turning thirty on Monday so we got to do a little pre-celebrating sans kiddos. Here are the original Asmussens!

And then with the "outlaws" included!

Kolbe did a great job of decorating cupcakes for our Sunday birthday parties!

Love, love, love this picture! Papa Jeep and Baby Grant turned sixty and one (respectively) on Sunday!

I'm going to post a whole series of pictures depicting Grant's take down of his birthday cake. It's just too good to miss! 'Cause even though this shot is good, it doesn't fully do it justice. At one, Kolbe was afraid of his cake, Rudy kind of poked and prodded but didn't do much. But Grant more than made up for their passive behavior. He was a monster! And though the cake ended up looking like mass destruction, Mark and I were guessing that he actually ate roughly 4-5 real bites. It was hysterical! He loves to make a mess!

Papa Jeep, Brian, and Cristi had to leave Sunday night, but G-ma is with us until this weekend. We headed over to my parents' house on Monday to celebrate my birthday a little more and enjoyed pizza, German chocolate cake, and margaritas. Nothing like turning thirty with both sippy cups and maragaritas on the table and a baby on your hip! I'm one blessed lady.

The pretty stacker rings that the boys gave me for my birthday...Love them! And love that Mark set up his own etsy account to order them for me! Mark also got me a Dyson. And I've run the vacuum at least 4 times in the past few days. I also got a neat chest for the top of the stairs that I'm working on decorating. It was a great birthday!

We have loved having G-ma here this week! She is so helpful and the boys just have a blast with her. And Grant has definitely fallen in love with his G-ma!

We've had so much fun that yesterday, even Kolbe, Mr. I-Don't-Take-Naps-Anymore, dozed off for a little snooze with his G-ma.

So as you can see, we've been up to so, so much and have been loving every minute of it. There are so many more pictures floating around out there that I haven't lifted off of everyone else's cameras so maybe later this week I'll make up for my missed post with a second photo post to include all the other good ones. I have to tell you all, we are such a blessed little family. Life is so good!

1 comment:

Jessim said...

What a lovely birthday week!

German chocolate cake always makes me think of you, and how ecstatic we were when we won TWO cakes at a Patton carnival, eons ago.