Monday, April 27, 2009

A Happy Trip to Houston

Last week, Kolbe, Reagan, my mom, and I all flew down to The Woodlands for a very special meeting. Kolbe is now almost a year and half old and he had yet to meet my grandmother (my Dad's mom)! All great-grandchildren need to meet their great grandma! Several weeks ago my parents and I began orchestrating this trip, and although it had a few hitches, it really was a wonderful experience. My mom flew up here to Lubbock so she could fly down and help me with the boys on the plane. (No, I was not brave enough to fly with a 17 month old and a 2 month old by myself...) Despite my mom getting to Lubbock on Monday instead of Sunday because of full flights and the four of us arriving in Houston on Tuesday night instead of Tuesday morning because of doctors appointments due to a bad lupus flare in my wrists, we all arrived happy and healthy around 10pm on Tuesday! Grandma and my Aunt Cathy had arrived Monday morning from Birmingham and were waiting for us. We had a wonderful visit with them! Grandma was smitten with the two boys and loved getting to cuddle Reagan. Kolbe, the wild man, offered up a few high fives and posed for some pictures but wasn't big on the cuddling...just the showing off!

Grandma and Kathy had to leave on Thursday morning, but Kolbe, Reagan and I stayed until Saturday morning for a few more days with Pinkie and Pa. Kolbe had a blast exploring some of the fun activities around The Woodlands. He especially loved the water spouts in the middle of Market Street. Overall, we had a FANTASTIC time and were so blessed to finally bring together the boys with their other great-grandma! She and my Aunt Kathy will be moving to Washington DC to live with my Aunt Debbie soon, so this trip couldn't have come at a better time! Now we're back home and recuperating and preparing for the big Hefferly family trip to the beach in just a few short weeks!


Four Generations! Grandma, Dad, me, and Kolbe and Reagan

Aunt Kathy and Reagan

"Pa" swinging Kolbe through the water spout as it shot up!

Kolbe was fascinated at how the water just shot up out of nowhere.

He proceeded to find an old water bottle and use it to try and catch water and then pour it on himself. Such a boy!

1 comment:

Jared said...

Laura,

Everyone is looking great. Reagan looks like a chunk already, that's awesome!