Sunday, March 1, 2009

A Beautiful Life

To my Popo, my godfather, my friend,

Thank you for sharing my childhood with me, and thank you for allowing me to share your journey to heaven! I have been so blessed to be loved by you, and my two little boys are more than privledged to have known you! I will make sure they teach their cousins about the amazing man that you were! I couldn't be happier for you, Popo!

John Edward Gaschen
September 23, 1928 - February 27, 2009


There is an appointed time for everything, and a time for every affair under the heavens. A time to be born, and a time to die; a time to plant, and a time to uproot the plant. A time to kill, and a time to heal; a time to tear down, and a time to build. A time to weep, and a time to laugh; a time to mourn, and a time to dance.
Ecclesiastes 3:1-4

Summer 1982...with me!


December 2007- with Kolbe

February 2009- holding Reagan


Eternal rest grant unto him, O Lord, and let perpetual light shine upon him!

1 comment:

Amy Kinney said...

Laura, our sympathy and prayers are with your family. My grandmother passed away in January and I cherish the pictures I have of her holding Patrick. He was her first great-grandchild and she loved holding him! :) Thanks for sharing your pictures and memories.