Monday, February 9, 2009

"While Mama can still grab the camera" (also known as "Kolbe Being Kolbe")

As fate would have it, we are excited to announce that TOMORROW our new little boy, Reagan Mark will be born! I went to a series of appointments this morning only to find that the same problems I was having in my pregnancy with Kolbe have re-emerged. Who would have thought!?! I've managed to make it TWO DAYS farther than I did in my pregnancy with Kolbe! Doh! While I'm of course disappointed that things aren't going to work out the way I hoped and dreamed, I'm glad we're "catching" this before it falls apart like last time. Even though I wanted a VBAC, I'd much rather have a SAFE and CONSCIOUS C-section than the nightmare that was Kolbe's delivery! We check in tomorrow at 10:00am and the surgery is scheduled for 12:00. We'll have another little preemie, but at least it will be safe for both him and me!

Over the past several weeks, I've been trying to reflect on the wonderful 15 months that we've spent with our little Kolbe. I began to realize that when Reagan arrives, I'm not going to be able to just grab the camera at any second and catch shots of Mr. Kolbe in action. I have a feeling my hands will definitely be full! So in an attempt to capture some of the wonderful moments that make Kolbe the perfect little charmer that he is, I've tried to have the camera on standby non-stop. I've managed to collect a few precious little moments of "Kolbe Being Kolbe." Every parent should be so lucky!




Ok, please pay no attention to the piles of laundry in the background! I swear it was laundry day! Kolbe LOVES shoes! Especially Daddy's shoes!


I've explained Kolbe's love of his red car in other posts, but this precious moment took it to an all new level! Kolbe stood by the kitchen cabinet begging for a cracker (ka-kuh!) to which I finally gave in. He managed to run off and within a minute or two, I began hearing the "radio" on his car go off repetitively. Each song only plays for about 10 seconds, but as soon as one song would end, I'd hear him start it start up again. I peeked in to the living room and there he was, lounging back with his delicious cracker hanging out his mouth enjoying some tunes. He's definitely too cool for school!


Mark shot this picture a few weekends ago. It was Kolbe's nap time and he fell asleep in my arms in his room. He was just so precious that I couldn't bear to put him down! Being exhausted and prego, I ended up crashing too. Probably one of the last times we'll have to cuddle with Reagan wedged between us!


Kolbe's newest obsession is books, books, and MORE BOOKS! A few mornings ago, he insisted on carrying one of his books to the kitchen table for breakfast. While I was warming up my English muffin, I looked over and there he was- bowl of cereal, sippy cup, and the "morning news"! How hilarious! He's like a little old man!


Did I mention that he loves books??? And pop-up books are even better!


And even better than that if someone reads to him! Look at that face!!! Is he handsome or what!?!

Beyond his love of books is his new found love of animals! He's totally animal crazy! Since his ear surgery he's been learning how to make all the various animal noises. It's so cute! Mark and my favorite is the "Cack, cack!" he does for the duck. This fun little fridge toy was given to us by Aunt Pam and Uncle Paul. It makes all the various noises and he just LOVES it!


Mama has definitely become a headband girl in the last few weeks of pregnancy. (lazy, I know). Kolbe has seen me put them on so many times that I guess he figured he'd try it out too. His looks more like a tennis player but at least he's got the concept!


Please pray for our little family for tomorrow! Soon these pictures will have TWO babies in them!

2 comments:

Jared said...

Congrats to you and Mark! Katie and I will be sending prayers your way for sure. We are looking forward to be coming that way in a few weeks for RA.

Sarah Busby said...

Congratulations! I can't wait to see pictures!

Clark has the same animal farm fridge toy, he loves it too! We recently let him watch the On The Farm baby einstein video, big mistake! Now it is all he wants to do...eat a snack and watch "farm." Boys can be so funny!

Your family is in our prayers and I am so glad things went smoother this time around, what a blessing!